estate administration

Don’t leave anything to chance – ensure that your affairs are taken care of by someone you trust. Protect yourself, your family and your property by putting the right measures in place before the unexpected happens.

An Enduring Power of Attorney appoints a person of your choice to represent you during absence or legal incapacity (due to illness or accident), for the purpose of dealing with your financial and legal affairs.

Why do you need an Enduring Power of Attorney?

If your family and friends want to act as your legal representative and you have not appointed them by Enduring Power of Attorney, they will have to apply to the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for an order appointing them to look after your affairs. They will be required to file reports with Public Trustee and obtain the consent of the Tribunal for certain actions.